Beyond90 presented by Stanford Medicine Children's Health
Cal North and Stanford Medicine Children's Health have teamed up to bring you Beyond90, a youth health and sports medicine initiative, designed to offer every youth soccer player in Northern California the resources to live a healthy and strong life during and beyond the game. This collaboration will also serve as an initiative to promote health and fitness among Northern California kids and provide specialized sports medicine care to young athletes, a group that has experienced a substantial increase in sports-related injuries.
Beyond90 will focus on three main components:
Improving access to sports medicine
- From concussion testing and treatment to minimally invasive procedures for sports injuries,
Stanford Medicine Children’s Health sports medicine specialists treat any sports-related
condition. Stanford’s team of sports medicine doctors, physical therapists and athletic trainers
work with kids of all ages to minimize the risk of injury and time away from sports. Stanford Medicine
Children’s Health has six orthopedic and sports medicine locations throughout the Bay
Area, all with same- or next-day appointments available. See locations.
- The collaboration will enhance Cal North Cups and Tournaments, as well as the Olympic Development Program, College Advisory Program and TOPSoccer with resources that will benefit members involved.
Protecting youth athletes and educating parents and coaches
- Through the collaboration, Stanford experts will develop soccer-specific information and webinars on meaningful topics such as nutrition, injury prevention, and rehabilitation for Cal North members.
Articles, Tip Sheets, and Videos
- Game day nutrition
- Recovery nutrition
- Nutrition tips for traveling athletes
- Tips for stronger bones
- Injury prevention tips
- Preventing burnout in young athletes
- ACL tear prevention and treatment
- Recognizing and treating concussions
- Keeping female athletes healthy
- Osteochondritis dissecans (OCD) resources
Visit Stanford Medicine Children's Health
Stanford Medicine Children’s Health has six locations throughout the Bay Area.