The California Youth Soccer Association - North (Cal North), is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to serving all children and communities by providing opportunities that promote growth and development. Board members serve in their respective roles for two years and typically meet 6-8 times per year to work on the organization’s mission, strategy, and goals.
This year the below roles are open and we are looking for qualified individuals to help our organization meet those challenges.
The President shall conduct all meetings of the Board of Directors. The responsibilities of the President shall include, but not be limited to:
- Administration of the affairs of the Association with the concurrence of the Board
- Establishment at the beginning of each season, as appropriate and subject to the
approval of the Board of Directors, the Standing Committees and/or the
Committee Chairs, who do not fall under the jurisdiction of the Vice-President
- Appointment of Members-at-Large, as appropriate, and subject to the approval of
the Board of Directors, for a one-year period
- Execution of instruments for the Association, subject to the approval of the Board
- Responsibility for other duties as directed by the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer shall be bonded by a reputable bonding agency. The responsibilities of the Treasurer include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Oversight of the receipts and disbursements of the Association
- Oversight of the preparation and distribution of financial monthly statements
- Preparation of any and all papers pursuant to the Articles of Incorporation and
Tax Exempt status of the Association
- Ensuring that at no time shall any related parties be the two (2) signatures on a
check regardless to whom the check is payable
- Responsibilities for other duties as directed by the Board of Directors
A letter of intent, resume, conflict of interest, background check and Safesport must be
submitted by Friday, November 24, 2023 in order to be considered.
Interviews will be conducted via Zoom or in person, during the first two weeks in December. As an organization, we define success in terms of learning, maturation and our members being active and productive members of society. We believe in accomplishing our mission through the development, promotion, and offering of soccer programs and a complete range of soccer opportunities for all players of all ages regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin and/or ability.
Cal North strives to support and promote excellence in Board service. We appreciate a diversity of perspective from our board members who come from a variety of industries and professional backgrounds. The Cal North Board of Directors is composed of leaders who are dedicated to the organization’s mission.
Our board members champion the importance of exceptional board leadership and believe that every organization needs a strong and effective board to fully realize its potential. In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of a board member, our board members are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and are fully engaged in the collective effort to advance our mission.