Employment Classification: This is an hourly (FLSA Non-Exempt) position with compensatory benefits.
Reporting Structure: Reports to the Executive Director
Minimum Qualifications: A high school diploma or GED equivalent or a combination of education and related prior employment experience.
Desirable Qualifications: An ability to speak and write in conversational Spanish.
Minimum Technical Requirements: Must be proficient in word and spreadsheet documents; must be willing to learn and become proficient in new software programs as they relate to the operations of Cal North.
Work Environment: Our normal working hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. The work schedule may vary at times because the job may occasionally require work on weekends and outside of normal business hours.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet, assist, and announce visitors to the office
- Be available during all office hours to answer phone calls
- Refer callers to the appropriate staff member or volunteer
- Take and deliver messages
- Oversee clerical tasks such as sorting and sending mail
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies and order new materials as needed
- Create and maintain electronic and physical filing systems
- Schedule meetings and send meeting invites to attendees
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars
- Schedule and coordinate staff and other meetings
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports, and other correspondence
- Assist Programs Managers with basic routine tasks related to the operations of Cal North programs
- Assist ED and Administrative staff with basic routine tasks related to administrative operations of Cal North
- Attend meetings and training sessions as necessary and/or required.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Executive Director or the Board Chairman
Areas of Proficiency Required:
- Problem Resolution – resolves problems in a timely manner, gather information skillfully, and work independently in problem solving situations
- Oral Communication – responds well to questions and participates in meetings
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; displays an ability to read and interpret written information
- Teamwork – has the ability to balance team responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to the views of others, gives and welcomes feedback, and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Salary and Benefits:
- Hourly wage shall be negotiable based on experience
- Benefits Package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, and life insurance coverage
- Paid holidays
- Leave package includes: sick and vacation leave
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Marley Wilson, Cal North Executive Director. Materials should be submitted via e-mail (email@example.com). No phone calls, Facebook, LinkedIn, or other social media contacts will be accepted for the application.
Our mission is to serve all children and our communities by providing opportunities that allow
each child to grow, learn, mature, and succeed by becoming productive adult members of society
through the development, promotion, and offering, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin and/or ability, comprehensive community-based leagues that offer a complete
range of youth soccer opportunities for all children of all ages and abilities.
Our Vision - Every child is an individual of importance to be nurtured, encouraged, and supported.
With programs for the disadvantaged, and programs leading to state-wide competitions for all
levels of play in the form of Founders Cup, Association Cup, President’s Cup, and State Cup,
Competitive Leagues, TOPSoccer, Futsal, and the Olympic Development Program, we have the
right program for your soccer community.