California Youth Soccer Association Inc. (Cal North) Seeks Member Services Specialist
Cal North is seeking quality candidates to begin employment in the position as soon as possible.
Member Services Specialist
This role will support the organizations programs and events such as, but not limited to ODP, coaching education, playing leagues, cups, and events. It is expected that this role will become proficient in the use of the organization's many cloud-based software platforms used to set up and run its leagues and Cups as well as its key programs such as ODP, coaching education, and TOPS. Cross training and developing a solid understanding of organizational processes surrounding league affiliation, issuing insurance certificates, background checks, ODP, and coaching education administration as well as team and player registration is expected. This role will work with the Director of Player Development & Competitions to ensure proper operations for each program, Identify and resolve problems in the day-to-day operations, and design and maintain clear operational guides to ensure consistency of operations.
Non-Exempt employment with compensatory benefits and incentives.
Reports to the Director of Player Development & Competitions
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Must pass a comprehensive background check.
- Flexible work hours are permitted as long as the individual makes themselves available for meetings and the job performance does not suffer. Our normal working hours are 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- Working remotely is allowed as long as the individual is able to meet in person as required by company management.
- Because of the nature of our business, the work schedule may vary at times. The job may require occasional work on weekends, working outdoors, and outside of normal business hours at locations away from your normal place of business.
- The job can require driving to and from these alternate locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive support for playing leagues, cups, and programs.
- Use of cloud-based software and willingness to cross-train other appointed staff members on cloud-based software platforms such as GotSoccer, Gotpro, Team Genius, HubSpot, and google workspace.
- Help ensure cloud-based operational manuals, policies ,and procedures are current.
- Support organization events as needed.
- Respond to all emails and voice messages within 24 hours.
- Be available during all office hours to meet via technology or in person as needed.
- Develop an understanding of the league affiliation, background check, and insurance certification process.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as necessary and/or required.
- Communicate with the registration platform vendor to ensure prioritization and completion of updates/changes.
- Cross-train administratively and operationally to support aspects of Cal North such as:
- hosting application process for tournaments and keep calendar current in concert with program manager.
- The administration of the Cal North website in regards to cups, playing leagues, and programs.
The candidate will also support and serve as a point of contact for the following:
- Manage registration process for non-affiliated teams.
- Coordinate with clubs and vendors to promote online registration.
- Process Interstate Transfers and Guest Play.
Areas of Proficiency Required
- Problem Resolution - resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers information skillfully, and works adeptly in problem solving situations.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Team Work - balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively, and able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures, and completes tasks correctly and on time.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; seeks additional resources when warranted.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related prior employment experience.
Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Minimum Technical Requirements:
Working knowledge of or the willingness to learn the following: HubSpot, Digital Learning Center, Quickbooks, Microsoft Office Suite, Google workspace, State association software partners such as StackSports, GotSport Pro, GotSoccer Classic, Team Genius, and other databases. Must be proficient in Word and spreadsheet documents. Must be willing to learn and become proficient in new software programs as they relate to areas of responsibility.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Marley Wilson, Cal North Executive Director. Materials should be submitted via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
No phone calls, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. please.
Hourly based upon experience.
Incentives earned based upon the growth and financial performance in the Player development & Competitions division.
Job will remain posted until filled.