Must have a minimum of a current USSF "B" license or equivalent (assistant coaches a USSF "C" or equivalent).
Every Head Coach will be responsible for the evaluation, identification, selection and development of players in a Pool of his/her age group to represent CYSA in State, Regional and National ODP events and activities.
Select evaluators to evaluate and identify players at the State ODP Identification Events. Manage and supervise the process of evaluation and identification.
- Manage and supervise the training of the State Pool.
- Communicate objectives to district coaches and ‘pool players.
- Participate in regional camp selection activities as requested.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, Symposiums etc. to acquire innovative knowledge and program changes and then communicate this to district coaches for their knowledge and advance in the program.
- Be the primary focal point and responsible person for all player activity while traveling and/or training. Communicate and demonstrate the respect for the ODP rules and guidelines to all players and their families via written handouts at initial selection for participation as a State Pool member.
- Take functional direction from the ODP Technical Director on evaluation and training methods.
- All Coaches must understand the time commitments associated with this program and minimize any conflicts of interest.
- All participants in the ODP program will be expected to abide by all the US Youth Soccer and CYSA Olympic Development Program Regulations and Policies, the CYSA Constitution, Bylaws, General Procedures and any specific rules which govern this program.
- Being selected to the State ODP staff is a privilege, not a right and you will at all times be expected to conduct yourself in a manner that always represents CYSA at its highest standard. You will not be permitted to ask players from an ODP pool to participate in any event or function that has not been approved by the 2nd Vice Chairman, or BOD. An ODP pool is not an official "team" that is permitted to enter into any event as a registered Cal North or otherwise team.