How To Host A Coaching Course
Coaching Course Application Process
- Only Cal North affiliated leagues may host a Cal North coaching Course.
- Obtain Course Application from your District Coaching Coordinator (DCC) or the Cal North Document and Forms Center.
- Fill out application (Please use a physical address, as we can not ship to PO Boxes) and send with course fee back to your District Coaching Coordinator a minimum of 30 days before the date you wish your coaching course to take place. (30-45 Days for the "E" course)
- Your District Coaching Coordinator immediately sends the application on the Cal North Office for the course to be processed.
- Course Applications received less than 30 days before the first day of the course, to the Cal North office, may not be approved.
- Your Course will be posted online in the Coaching Course Calendar.
- You will receive a copy of your course application as confirmation from Cal North along with the course materials.
- You and your District Coaching Coordinator will be notified by email with detailed instructions and the Instructor that has been assigned to your course.
Getting Ready for your Coaching Course
- Publicize your course to coaches and get them signed up for your course.
- "E" Course candidates will need course supplies prior to the course to complete pre-course assignments.
- Those hosting a USSF E or USSF D course will need a projector for the power point presentations. If your league or Instructor does not have one, Cal North will provide you with one. If you need one, please contact the Cal North office. If needed, it will be shipped UPS to you a few days prior to your course and will include a pre-paid return sticker. We ask that you return the projector in its original packing immediately following the course so it can be used for others.
- If you are holding a National D course (Districts ONLY), you will need to verify if the coach has the prerequisites (Cal North/USSF E license with a 1 yr. with period, for USSF National D).
- Communicate with the Instructor.
- Be at the location of the course to meet instructor/open rooms and deliver course materials.
- Please check the course materials as soon as they are delivered. Each kit has a specific amount packed related to your course enrollment size.
- An "Instructor Packet" is in a sealed envelope in your kit; please make sure the Instructor receives this on the first night of the course.
After the Coaching Course
- The instructor turns in the Blue/Green sheets to the Cal North State Office with their pay sheet.
- Cal North will invoice the league for any additional supplies (at a rate of $10.00 per person)
- Cal North enters Blue/Green Sheets into the Coaches Database.
- Ship the projector back to Cal North office, if you borrowed one.