Coaches wishing to take this course should view the Coaching Course Calendar and follow the instructions to sign-up.
The Cal North "F" & NSCAA Level 3 course provides coaches with an understanding of….
- The technical demands of the game
- NSCAA Practical Suggestions for Coaches
- Coaching Methods and Mechanics
- NSCAA Group tactics & Management
- Creating a lesson plan for the NSCAA Diploma
- Preparation for the USSF 'E' License (including Principles of Play)
- Self-esteem and the child's athletic experience
- Attribution theory for coaches and players
- How to answer the question "What can I do to get more playing time?"
- Goal-setting and motivation for soccer
- Teaching methods for player development and teaching motor skills
- Coping with stress and communicating strategies
Course Length: 8 Hours
- 2 hours Classroom
- 6 hours Field
- Minimum of 13 & maximum of 18 candidates per course
- $75 per person if you’re either a Cal North or NSCAA member
- $120 per person for non-members
- The hosting League must provide the field and classroom