USSF F License
The “F” license is a 2-hour course, conducted entirely online, intended for all parents and coaches of youth players. The focus of this grassroots course is to share U.S. Soccer’s best practices in creating a fun, activity-centered and age-appropriate environment for 5-8 year old players.
- The “F” license course is open to all applicants at least 16 years of age.
- This USSF “F” license is required in order to take the USSF National E Course, beginning June 1, 2015.
- Cal North coaches are required to take the “F” Field Component Certificate course to accompany this license.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Taking the Course:
- In order to register for the course, candidates will first be required to sign up for a user account in the U.S. Soccer Digital Coaching Center- a state of the art online educational platform
- The course takes approximately 2 hours to complete. However, candidates can stop, rewind, or restart the webinars as often as needed
- After registering for the course, candidates are granted access to the course content for 12 months. The course may be successfully completed at any time during this period
The F course is broken into four key modules: Kick-off, 1st Half, Halftime and 2nd Half. The following webinars make up the required components of the course:
- 1st Half
- Designing an Activity
- Designing a Lesson Plan
- Laws of the Game
- Prevention and Care
- Nutrition and Hydration
- 2nd Half
- Small Sided Games
- Facilitator Games
- U6 Activities
- U8 Activities
Following each webinar, candidates are required to complete a series of multiple-choice questions. To successfully complete each webinar, all checks for understanding must be answered correctly. To maximize comprehension and facilitate learning, candidates will have multiple attempts to correctly answer all questions.
To register and complete the “F” license course at the Digital Coaching Center, please follow this link: http://www.ussoccer.com/coaching-education/licenses/national-f
*This is a USSF license that is only recorded in the US Soccer database. If you wish this license be recorded on your Cal North registration record, you will need to submit a copy of this license to the Cal North office and it will be added to your record. Additionally, if you require a duplicate copy of this license you will need to contact the US soccer office.