The National "E" is an 18-hour course, which covers the elementary principles of coaching and prepare interested coaches for the 36-hour "D" license course. The National "E" course is only administered and instructed by State Soccer Associations. Coaches wishing to take this course should log on to the Cal North Coaching Course Calendar and follow the instructions to sign-up.
What is the "E" License?
What are the specific target outcomes of the course?
- Develop the core coaching competencies necessary to effectively teach the 9-12 year old athlete and team
- Understand the characteristics and needs of an athlete in the Basic Stage of our Long Term Athlete Development Model
- Establish a foundation of knowledge and experience in order to proceed through the sequence of coaching development courses
- Understand and effectively apply the principles of Long Term Athlete Development
- Demonstrate competency in planning an age-appropriate training session
- Demonstrate the essential competencies to execute a team training session that is focused on a technical function of the game
- Understand concepts and recognize the principles of attacking and defending in a small-sided game environment (3v3 to 9 v 9 adaptable to local competition structure)
Course Length: 18 Hours
- Minimum Age: 16 years of age
- This curriculum, developed and released in 2012 by USSF is an extensive comprehensive course that includes the curriculum to prepare a coach for the USSF National D. If you have taken the E course and/or E/D course with Cal North prior to March 15, 2012, you may not be prepared for the New National D Curriculum. It is not required, but recommended that you complete this course before registering for the National D Course.
- 6 hours Classroom
- 12 hours Field
- Friday Evening: 2 hrs. Classroom
- Saturday: 2 hrs. Classroom/ 6 hrs. Field
- Sunday: 2 hrs. Classroom/ 6 hrs. Field
Cost: (to Hosting league)
- Minimum class size is 12, maximum class size is 16 Candidates.
All candidates will receive a digital USSF "E" course Guidebook and upon completion a Course license.