USSF D License Course
Candidates: If you have registered for this course already, please download all course materials. Download Course Material
The National "D" license is a 36 to 40-hour course designed for the experienced coach who has already earned a National "E" license. The focus of this course is to improve a coaches ability to positively influence individual players and teams.
What are the key components of the "D" license course?
- Develop the core coaching competencies necessary to effectively teach the 13-14 year old athlete and team.
- Understand the characteristics and needs of an athlete in the Intermediate Stage of U.S. Soccer's Athlete Development Model.
- Build on the foundation of knowledge and experience in order to proceed through the sequence of coaching development courses.
What are the specific target outcomes of the course?
- Teach the Principles of Play in a training environment. (7v7 to 9v9).
- Apply the Principles of Play to functional group roles in a full team system.
- Plan a sequence of training and weekly cycles to complete a season plan.
The “D” license course is broken into four phases:
- Preparation Phase
- Candidates are required to complete five (5) assigned training sessions (see session topics below).
- Instructional Phase (14 to 18 hrs.) Weekend #1
- Candidates meet face-to-face with instructors at a course.
- Deliberate Practice Phase
- Candidates are required to complete five (5) assigned training sessions over a minimum of 10 weeks. It is expected that the sessions be evenly distributed through the 10 week period.
- Candidates will be assigned the training sessions during the Instructional phase.
- Performance Review Phase (14 to 18 hrs.) Weekend #2
- Final on-field exam.
- Candidates have one full year following the completion of the deliberate practice phase to attend any performance review phase to complete the “D” course.
What are the requirements to enter the “D” license course?
- Applicants are recommended to be a minimum of 17 years old. (Under 17, by pre-approval from CN 2nd Vive Chairman)
- A candidate must hold an “E” license for a minimum of six (6) months before attending a “D” license course.
During this time period candidates must pre-register for a “D” course and complete the pre-requisite assignments (including a series of assigned training sessions).
Is there a waiver process which permits a candidate to bypass the “E” license level and begin with a “D” course?
- As of January 1, 2013, U.S. Soccer, in conjunction with the 55 State Youth Soccer Associations, no longer grants or allows “E” waivers.
- Cal North Members $325
- Non-Cal North Members $425
- Non-refundable deposit of $150 is due with application
USSF D: Aptos
||Use: Please submit this Application packet, a copy of your E license, and the non-refundable deposit or full fee to the Cal North office (address above).
||Oct 22, 2014
Results: 1 Record(s) Found.