This position is responsible for working with the Executive Director, Board Members, Director of Marketing and office staff for all Cal North Communications. This position provides communications support for state programs and events to the membership. The position will also work closely with all Districts to maximize public relations activation and exposure of programs and respond and collaborate with the Districts for their individual communications needs.
- Responsible for Communications with various constituencies i.e., membership, districts, state associations, national programs (CUPS, COACHING, ODP, TOPS…), and event organizers on all public relations activities.
- Responsible for communicating to non-members with focus on recruitment of families/players and clubs into our affiliated leagues and playing leagues.
- Responsible for developing the marketing message, for each constituent, to be used in the communication.
- Manage website and all web-related activities including .html newsletters and email databases
- Write press releases, advertising, and program copy, brochures and other items as necessary.
- Source, update and maintain mailing lists for programs and events
- Attend events to gather data, photos, interviews, etc.
- Assist in the compilation of overview reports
- Assist in the management of press release mailings and newsletters through all channels
- Prepare weekly informational and statistical releases
- Provide research assistance to staff and membership
- Provide assistance, technical and educational, to member associations
- Assist in communications of event operations and PR activities to appropriate staff
- Other duties may be required and assigned
Candidates for this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 1-3 years professional experience in sports or event public relations
- Soccer experience highly preferred
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of media industry
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team; self-starter
- Must be willing and able to travel and work on weekends
- Knowledge of HTML and website/internet functions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Quark Express, and Photo Shop or Illustrator
The position will report to the Executive Director of Cal North in Pleasanton, CA.